Yearbooks are on their way!

Contributed Photo

(From left) El Burro editors Olivia Haas, Emily Svika, and Payton Balas are intently planning the upcoming Yearbook Extravaganza.

Sophia Pendergast, Staff Reporter

It’s almost time for yearbooks! With fewer than 200 books left to sell, the Burroughs yearbook staff is eager for Burroughs students to see the finished product on May 18.

“I’m excited for everyone to see the hard work we’ve put into the book,” said Sports Section Editor Payton Balas.

Though the yearbook theme has been kept top secret, students are sure to see some creative details.

“I’m most excited about the cover. It’s unique. We’ve never done anything like it before,” said Senior Editor Emily Svika.

The team began working on the cover and overall look and feel of the book at last July’s Jostens Yearbook Camp. The result, they hope, is an artistic, cohesive book that people will enjoy looking through.

“Every page has colors that reflect what’s happening with the activities. It’s not just green!” said Student Life Editor Olivia Haas.

The confirmation that the books were shipping on time came as a relief to first-year advisor Susie Burgess.

“I’m looking forward to opening those boxes of yearbooks and seeing them in person!” said Burgess. “I know what everything looks like on a computer screen, but I want to crack the spine and turn the pages by hand.”

The yearbook staff will hand out yearbooks at the May 18 Yearbook Extravaganza in the Multi-Use Room and quad.  For $5, students can enjoy a range of activities.

“Students can pick up and sign yearbooks, enjoy games, and listen to music,” said Advisor Susie Burgess. “Economics Teacher Mr. Lawrence is returning with his band, which was a huge hit last year. We’ll also have food available for purchase.”

Students who cannot attend the Extravaganza can pick up their books before school, during lunch, and after school starting May 19.

Remember, copies are limited! Students who have not yet reserved a yearbook are encouraged to do so on JostensYearbooks.com or directly in room C10 for $95. Once distribution begins, the cost will increase to $100.

Discounted copies of the 2021 yearbook will be available for $20 for any students looking to complete or expand their collection.