Enjoy “Endless Serenity” this year at prom!

Prom+Court+members%2C+shown+here+%E2%80%9Cstargazing%E2%80%9D+during+the+Spring+Rally%2C+are+looking+forward+to+a+Prom+Night+under+the+stars+at+Cerro+Coso.++

Lol

Prom Court members, shown here “stargazing” during the Spring Rally, are looking forward to a Prom Night under the stars at Cerro Coso.

Mahnoor Ahmad, Editor-in-Chief

Juniors and seniors, enjoy “Endless Serenity” this year at Prom! The formal dance will take place April 22 from 8-11 p.m. at Cerro Coso Community College.

This is the second year that the dance will be held at Cerro Coso, and ASB has been working closely with college officials to maximize the use of the space.

In keeping with the “serene” theme, ASB is looking to create an immersive visual experience, with lots of cherry blossoms to coordinate with a pink, white, gold and silver color scheme.

Back by popular demand will be the highly-praised DJ from February’s Blacklight dance.

To ensure a positive experience for all, the ASB class is busily preparing for the dance by ordering decorations, making centerpieces, contacting all the resources to pull everything together and communicating accordingly with the DJ, Cerro Coso staff, parents, and administration here at Burroughs.

The dance is put on by the junior ASB students. Junior Class Vice President Brianna Tejeda is excited to make everything come to life.

“Students should expect a night of beautiful decorations as well as witnessing who will win Prom!” said Tejeda.

The big question of who will take home the crown will be answered during coronation. This year’s Top Six includes Emma Drefs, Caris Matlock, Citlali Tellez, Kailer Bachman, Kyle Sappington, and Alexander Vargas.

Rounding out the court are Conner Auld, Tyler Bagnaschi, Joshua Fields, Jonah Gilbert, Terence Haywood, Sean Pecore, Doc Podell, Thomas Wonnacott, and Matthew Yoder for the boys’ and Payton Balas, Jane Bracken, Cydney Browning, Tara Collie, Natalie Hoffman, Annalise Ostash, Priscilla Parks, Olivia Young, and Daniela Zuniga for the girls.

Senior Class Secretary/Treasurer Kailee Reeder appreciates all the efforts.

“The juniors have been putting a lot of work into making sure Prom will look great, and I can’t wait to see it all put together!” said Reeder.

From April 10-13, tickets will be $25 for those with ASB cards and $30 without. After that, tickets will increase by $5. April 20 will be the last day to buy tickets, with prices increasing to $35 and $40.