“Wink, Poppy, Midnight” will make you want to keep reading untill the end

Wink, Poppy, Midnight will make you want to keep reading untill the end

Addie Gerber, Staff Reporter

When I was younger, I hated reading. I did not like how the story followed the character’s everyday, monotonous life; a life where nothing happened, a story without a story to tell. 

As I have gotten older, I discovered books that I find engaging and ones I have come to love. Sometimes, all it takes is the right book for someone to love reading.

As I was looking for a new book, I wanted to try something different from what I would normally read but close to in genre to what books I like. That is when I found “Wink, Poppy, Midnight” by April Genevieve Tucholke. 

“Wink, Poppy, Midnight” is a book about how one incident can change someone and show their true colors. The novel follows three characters’ perspectives; Wink, Poppy, and Midnight. 

Wink is a girl who everyone thinks is too weird and tries to avoid. Everyone does not want to be near a girl who participates in the supernatural. 

Poppy is your average spoiled, teenage girl. She gets everything she wants: be it guys, popularity, or clothing. Everything except an idea of who she truly is. 

Midnight has been labeled a love-struck loser at his high school. For a whole year, Midnight has been following Poopy around trying to get her attention. Once he moves out of the city and into the countryside of his hometown, he decides he’s going to have a fresh start. Away from Poppy.

The story begins to unfold once Midnight moved into the house across the street from Wink. Overall, “Wink, Poppy, Midnight” is a book full of betrayal, adventure, and supernatural trials the characters must face. This is a novel I would definitely recommend.