College Connection – Simrin Khara

The Blockbuster loves to hear from Burroughs grads to check on their life after high school. Here we catch up with 2022 graduate Simrin Kimber, who is studying Kinesiology at University of Central Florida.

Contributed

Simrin Kimber enjoys the scenic view around her college campus.

Addie Gerber, Staff Reporter

What is the best thing about your college or university?

I think the best thing about it is the opportunity to live in a different environment and truly find yourself and your strengths. The most empowering thing is not only the independence you get but getting to know yourself and what you’re capable of. In addition, surrounding yourself and meeting new people through class or clubs really help pave the way to finding who you really are.

What has been the biggest surprise or adjustment?

The biggest adjustment I think is definitely time management. Coming into college, I knew that I was going to be on my own and it required some work, however, I found that finding a routine early on makes you really ahead in the game. College is all about choosing your own time schedule and — importantly — learning how to balance work with fun!

Any advice for students still in high school?

I think the biggest advice I would give is to keep on challenging yourself. Set the goals you want and keep striving to go towards them. It’s okay to have some fallbacks, but in the end, if you keep working hard at whatever you want to accomplish and have the determination, you will accomplish beyond that. Keep your head up through the tough times and radiate positivity towards yourself and others. That’s what life is meant to be!