Counselor’s Update December 2022

Head Counselor David Vigneault and the BHS counselors are ready to answer your questions.

Burroughs Counselors are currently working with seniors wrapping up the college application season, with UC and CSU deadlines of November 30, 2021. Some may have extended deadlines. Other colleges and university applications may still be open through such platforms as the Common Application. Students are encouraged to visit their respective counselors for more information. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is also open. This information was provided to every senior, but if you have FAFSA questions, counselors can assist you.

Counselors are also closely monitoring the progress of students taking Fall Credit Recovery courses, and meeting with students who may need second semester Credit Recovery classes.

With only three weeks left in the semester, counselors are assisting students to provide support services in the final push before final exams: December 15-17, 2021. In addition, counselors are preparing for second semester to begin on January 3, 2022. They are conferencing with students regarding current grades and second semester schedules. All students will receive a second semester schedule on Monday, January 3, 2022 in the cafeteria.

Lastly, counselors continue to meet with students to provide social-emotional support and services. They work closely with other support personnel and outside agencies.