Once upon a kickoff time…

Annika Houck, Editor

After last year’s COVID cancellation, Homecoming festivities resume in full force this weekend with a series of events destined to bring together students, athletes, staff, and the entire community.
The BHS Burros (0-8) and Hesperia Scorpions (1-7) will face off Friday, Oct. 22 at 7 p.m., at the Mighty Burros Stadium. With the support of their loyal fans, this is a chance for the Burros to bring home a win before the hometown crowd.
Before the teams take the field, the school holds its annual Coronation festivities.
Following a decades-old tradition, the Homecoming court will make its way around the track and be escorted across the field before this year’s queen is crowned. Top Three include Simrin Khara, Brooke Luevano, and Lysette Sepulveda. Others on the court include Logan Allen, Shimon Davis, Sairilia Denson, Daisy Dickerson, Sophia Fredette, Mia Wallace, Lauren Willis, Kaylinn Wood, and Ashlyn Zeigler.
Coronation begins at 6 p.m., with the crowning scheduled for approximately 6:45.
The fairytale-themed class floats will also be showcased during this time where a winner will be chosen to receive spirit points. The float-building themes for each class included the “Cinderella” freshman float, “Tinkerbell” sophomore float, “Beauty and the Beast” junior float, and “Shrek” senior float. The classes have been hard at work for weeks building their masterpieces, so be sure to cheer on your favorites.
Cheerleaders and band members will light up the game with their outstanding efforts to kindle the excitement in everyone. This is a special day of celebration for the cheerleaders, who have worked hard all week to put together a memorable event.
As far as the football game, the theme for the student section is “Pink Out”— so, students, come wearing pink and be ready to cheer on and celebrate the BHS football team for what is guaranteed to be a fantastic game. General admission is $8, K-8 and seniors (60+) is $3, upper-level seating is $10, and BHS ASB cardholders are free.
Don’t forget about the Fairytale Homecoming Dance Saturday, Oct. 25 from 7:30 p.m.-10:30, a night that promises continued celebration, fun, and enchantment. Tickets will not be sold at the door.