Counselor’s Update: October 2021

Head Counselor David Vigneault and the BHS counselors are ready to answer your questions.

Avery Vigneault, Sports Editor

Counselors are currently counseling juniors regarding credits, careers, and college.  Current juniors should be concentrating on college and career readiness that includes preparing for SAT testing in the spring time.

In addition to working with current juniors, counselors are assisting seniors with college applications and financial aid.  College application season began October 1 and continues through December 31, 2021.  Cal State applications opened up on Oct 1 and close November 30.  UC applications open November 1 and close November 30.  There are some exceptions, and seniors are encouraged to visit CSU and UC websites to determine earlier or later dates. Counselors are also assisting with the Common Application.  This application can be difficult at times, and seniors are encouraged to visit their counselor for help.

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) also opened on October 1, 2021. Students and parents desiring financial assistance for college need to start this as soons as possible.  Students having questions should contact their respective counselor.