The Academic Learning Lounge is here to help

Struggling with classes? Feel like those grades aren’t good enough? The Academic Learning Lounge (ALL) might be the solution.

The ALL, open at lunch in classroom K-2, offers help to students who are struggling with their classes, ranging from Biology to Geometry, Spanish to English, among others.

The program has provided a quiet place to study and connected students with tutors for five years. ALL Coordinator Jessica Wilson, a Burroughs science teacher, has been in charge for three out of those five years.

“After a long period of distance learning, I am excited to interact with students face to face again,” said Wilson, who encourages students to check out the Lounge. “Don’t be afraid to reach out and ask for help. There are a lot of resources here, I just want to see you succeed.”

Head Counselor Dave Vigneault and Principal Carrie Cope echoed Wilson’s sentiments.

“Parents should encourage their students to use this resource as an opportunity to stay on top of their classes,” said Vigneault. “I would also highly encourage student-athletes to use the ALL every day for study support since much of their afternoons may be consumed with practice schedules, games, and out-of-town commitments. ”

“ALL is a great opportunity for students to get help on completing school work,” said Cope. “It gives students time during the day to get extra help on assignments.  Mrs. Wilson does a great job providing a welcoming environment for students to get the help they need.”

The Lounge is also looking for students to act as tutors to match with the students seeking assistance.

Aspiring tutors should be patient and well-versed in the subject they wish to tutor.  Anyone wishing to become a tutor should come to the Lounge during lunch to talk to Wilson.