College Drive-In Movie – Pitch Perfect March 26

Alex Gerber, Editor-in-Chief

Pack the family up in the car, or bring a date, and head on up to the college on Friday, March 26, 2021, for a FREE showing of Pitch Perfect at 7 p.m. 

A movie experience like no other set up on the hill with stunning views of the valley skyline below, Cerro Coso students are hosting the contact-free viewing experience.

The Student Government of Cerro Coso (SGCC) invites the community to join them for a special screening of Pitch Perfect from the comfort of their cars.

Everyone loves musical smackdowns–and Pitch Perfect is full of great ones. Arriving at her new college, Beca (Anna Kendrick) finds herself not right for any clique but somehow is muscled into one that she never would have picked on her own: alongside mean girls, sweet girls, and weird girls whose only thing in common is how good they sound when they sing together. When Beca leads this acapella singing group out of their traditional arrangements and perfect harmonies into all-new mash-ups, they fight to climb their way to the top of college music competitions. Pitch Perfect is an outrageously hilarious laugh-out-loud comedy that also stars Anna Camp (The Help), Brittany Snow (Hairspray), and Rebel Wilson (Bridesmaids).  The movie is rated PG-13. 

Free and open to the public, the event will be located in the college main parking lot. 

Moviegoers are encouraged to get cozy with blankets and pillows and be sure to bring snacks and beverages and enjoy some friendly, physically distant fun.  

The Drive-In experience will follow all public health and safety protocols as mandated by local, county, and state public health agencies. 

A Drive-In Guide is available on the college website at www.cerrocoso.edu to help moviegoers get the most of their drive-in experience.